Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thoughts

Well, over at dual-boxing.com, the general opinion seems to be:
  • Questing is faster experience
  • At my level, either Razorfen Kraul or BFD is the instance of choice

I'm gonna look through the excellent Jame's guides to see what my option for questing would be, but otherwise I think I'll go for a run of BFD, and then grind Razorfen Kraul to 28 or so.

Nuking is by far the easiest way to keep consistent damage from all 5 shamans, meleeing and the main shaman immediately tops the others with 5-10% due to how hard it is to get them all positioned fighting.
Unfortunately, the gear I got at the moment is heavily melee oriented - Not sure if it might be worth picking up cloth gear for better caster stats - But I don't want to go back to constantly loosing 1 or 2 'grins' every pull.

A thought as why multi-boxing are so appealing to me: When I announced my normal "ding x5" in guild chat today - A guildie said "Grats you with to much time!".
Now, I'm sure he is referring to the fact that I've managed to be on quite a bit the last few days, and leveled the 'grins' fairly quickly - But, the truth is in fact the opposite.

Multi-boxing allows me to decide what to do and when to do it in the game, if I want to instance - I get to instance.
The drawback is of course that it is a bit more costly, and slightly less social - But just looking at the multi-boxing community it is clear that the 'in-control-of-your-play-time' argument is a huge one for multi-boxers - Most aren't the people who can game 24x7, but rather people who invest in making their game time as productive as possible.

*gets off the soap-box*

No comments: