Friday, July 25, 2008

The Grins are the bitches of Arcanist Doan

So, decided to try out SM Library wing.

Went in and the first pulls go really well - Clear carefully since the mobs are 1-2 levels higher than the 'grins'.

Clear to Houndmaster Loksey, and decide to try and rush him as I seemed to remember him being a archer - Ends up in a wipe at his feet due to bad coordination and no heals - Can't use Ankh so have to run back.
Second try I pull him and manage to get him down, 3 deaths though - So quite a hard fight at 32. He gave up a Dog Whistle.

Even with wipes this is still good experience.

Cleared to Arcanist Doan with one wipe on the monks before him, this time I could Ankh though.

Engaging Doan, and the silence and arcane explosions really mess me up, wipe - With no chance to Ankh.

Zoning back in to find the place respawned, but figured I would go through it again as I forgot to pick one of the quest books up. Much faster clear and the 'grins' ding 33 on the way.

So, this time I figured that I would move in manually and spread out to get Doan down - Only problem is that it seems that entering his room is instant aggro. So I end up with a unprepared pull and had to do my best to get him down - Got him to around 20% and then wiped, no Ankh and zoning in, the place is respawned again - Seems quite fast compared to what I remember.

So, calling it for now - Debating if I need to review my spread out macro to not be as vulnerable to his arcane explosion.

At least I got a bunch of quests completed.

No comments: