Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Farming RFC

As previously posted, my first trip to RFC finished a few quests for the 'grins' which led to them all being 14 on my next trip there.
This is making a huge difference, as well as setting up some macros to better support meleeing adding quite a bit of DPS.
At 14 there are still a few difficult pulls around Taragaman the Hungerer, but they are all doable even if I now and then have to accept a few deaths.

Trip 2 to RFC (at 14) = Complete clear of the instance, including all bosses and with only one wipe (which was due to me messing up a bit with the key mashing).

So, sticking to my plan - From here on leveling will be in the shape of farming the instance. There are 2 blue drops that are relevant for the 'grins': The Subterranean Cape from Taragaman the Hungerer and Chanting Blade from Jergosh the Invoker.
So the goal was to grind out these drops for the entire team, and then proceed to Wailing Caverns.

The experience gain is pretty decent, and at level 17 things are getting quite green - Allowing me to shortcut and skip a few pulls here and there.
But, when the last 'grin' dinged 18, I still lacked 1 dagger (got 16 Small Glimmering Shard from disenchants though).

But, wanting a change of scenery I decided to call the RFC farm off - And head to Wailing Caverns, thinking that 18 should be high enough to at least give it a fair shot.

A side note here is that instance farming while 5 boxing is great fun - And decent enough experience (specially the first 1-2 runs through an instance when you can finish quests) - I'm quite looking forward to see how well it's gonna support the leveling of the 'grins' to 70.

A comment on gear is that using shields, even gray or white ones, majorly increase the survivability of the shaman - One of the 'grins' was at this point using a staff that was giving better stats over the 1h options - And she was always the one laying dead on the ground on the difficult pulls.

I'm a bit sad to say that having had a few random deaths in the team, they are no longer in sync when it comes to experience - Meaning I don't get to see the nice 5x dings anymore.

No comments: