Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First Go at RFC

So, at 13 I decided to have a go at Ragefire Chasm in Ogrimmar. The only gear I had given the 'grins' were bags - So they were decked out in some quest greens and a mix of gray and white random drops (later I even discovered that some of them were wearing frayed cloth gear :P).

As it turns out, 13 was fine for most of it - The first difficulties I had was the big pulls including warlocks and pets just before Taragaman the Hungerer. There I had my first wipe, but it wasn't because the pull was to big, but due to the fact that I had been to impatient to clear the 2 wandering mobs and got 2 unlucky adds in an already big fight :P.

Then it was time to engage Taragaman the Hungerer, and here I underestimated the healing needed - so ended up with a wipe on the first try. Run back and try again, and this time he goes down (but with 1 death in the team).

At this point I had to take a break, and handing in the quests I finished dinged me 14 - But the adventures of the 'grins' here clearly demonstrates that a untwinked 5 shaman team can deal with RFC at 13 -- But expect quite a few deaths and wipes if you are not very careful and patient.

No comments: