Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Project: One Man Band


So, stuck at a hotel with a laptop that
  • Can't run 5 instances of WoW
  • I don't have a Keyclone license for
So, what to do?

Well, I figured that the laptop might be able to trot along 4 instances of WoW at absolute minimum settings with no addons - And, there are a few free tools available that can do key broadcasting. I settle on Octopus, but there are a number of other choices listed here.
Fairly easy to set it up and get it working (but have to say that Keyclone is worth its money in my book).

So what to play? Well, I don't want to mess about with the settings of the 'grins' - So instead I decide to roll up 4 shammies to support my level 7 one on Tarren Mill, alliance side.
I rolled on this server as a project to play a bit with a coworker, but haven't put any time in to it due to the 'grins' project. And really, this is only for when I can't play the 'grins', as getting them to 70 is absolute focus.

Takes a while to set it all up, I even use some of the twink money my coworker sent me to create a guild - "One Man Band".

I manage to get the ladies to level 3 doing some newbie quests, and the whole "One Man Band" team is now resting at an inn, waiting on the next business trip before the push to get them to the same level as the main shaman begins.

I do like the idea of having a alt team that...
  • ...is alliance (haven't played much there, certainly nothing since the expansion was released)
  • ...is on a PvP server (as I never tried that)
  • ...is all shaman (I want to take up the 'accomplishments' of solo dungeon clearing where the 'grins' left off to be boosted)
  • ...is untwinked in terms of cash and mage water support (enjoying the extra bit of challenge)
But, as said, I doubt they will get much playtime until the 'grins' are well into the 70 grind.

No comments: